5.05.2009
girls lunch
Dear Elli-girl,
I am so glad that Andi took Will for a playdate today, so that I could surprise you at school and whisk you off to lunch. You were so excited to see me when I came around the corner, standing so quietly in the hall with your class all lined up to head to the lunchroom. You didn't even seem too surprised that I was taking you away, almost like you had been planning on it all day long. I was not at all surprised that you wanted a bagel at Einstein's, it has always been our favorite lunch spot when it is just the two of us. I am sad that we don't get to be alone together very often anymore. You are gone all day long and stop home just long enough to say hello. Then you are out the door until dinner. And you have a little brother, you are so patient, who still demands lots of attention.
But that is all part of getting older. I am so proud of the little girl that you are and the girl that you are becoming. Not a day goes by that I don't think about how lucky I am to have you. We don't always agree on things and some days we seem to frown more than smile, but we know that no matter what, we love each other to bits. Always will.
So...thanks for passing up lunch with all your friends to come with me. It made me happy and my day was better because of it.
I love you,
Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment