Earth Day evening was spent readying my grandparents garden for Spring planting. We are more than willing to spend an evening helping out with this outdoor chore, we benefit from their garden as much as they do. Plus, their backyard is almost therapeutic to relax in. I have been doing it since I was a baby.
As I watched Ripp working away in the garden, like he does every Spring, I realize how grateful I am for many things. To have a man that would drop everything to help if called to do so. To have grandparents (both my sets) still living and living young, so that we as a family can enjoy time all together. I often tell Elli how lucky she is to not only know her great-grandparents, but to get to spend time with them on a weekly basis (at least). To make the same memories with them that I made when I was her age...is priceless.
Of course, it is not all work. Grandma lured us with tacos and fruit salad. For some reason, it always tastes better at her picnic table, while sitting under her covered patio. The kids had plenty of fun jumping and 'tricking' on the trampoline, Elli and the girls across the street spent time out in the secret forest cleaning up garbage for Earth Day and Will was content to run without a care. Until he cut his ankle and was pretty well done for the night. He's napping today.
I am trying to enjoy the smaller, simpler things in life. Realize when a lasting memory is in the making. And this was one of those times.
Happy Earth Day!








1 comment:
I am SO envious of anyone being able to work in their yard! With this dead weight on the end of my left leg, I wouldn't be able to do much even if the doctor gave me permission to do so! Two weeks down, only six more to go...yipee, skipee!! xo grandma w
Post a Comment