5.23.2009

a few weeks back in Fruita

Fruita, CO. Viewed from our campground.

I am in catch-up mode. That silly marathon really zapped my blogging energy. And my life, for that matter. I only had patience for one picture to upload at a time and was capable of one, maybe two sentences.

For a few weeks, Ripp has been asking when I am going to post about our fabulous mountain biking trip to Fruita with some seriously fabulous friends. Now, I say. Right now.
Three days in some of the most beautiful desert I have seen. With all its bugs. Finally taking Will camping. He has been asking since Christmas. Staying in our awesome, above-ground, tent. Thank-you Jumping Jack. Enjoying time away from home with the kids. And a few of our friends and all of their kids. No tinfoil dinners here. Think grilled salmon, cabbage-crunch salad and scotheroos. Lots of new mountain bike trails. Loving every second of those trails. One trip to the ER. Ripp's 4th encounter (over 12 years) with a stick that later involves stitches. Coming home. Hot showers and our own beds. These two kids. That are ALL mine.

2 comments:

HW said...

I loved the pictures. You have a great idea. I loved the words too. It sounds like a great trip.

HW said...

No, I mean you have a great eye. (Home from yoga, brain elsewhere...)