5.15.2009

butterflies

Tomorrow morning I run. For at least 4 hours. 26.2 miles to be exact. Butterflies. Not the pretty orange and black ones. The ones that are constantly reminding me what kind of pain I am about to endure.
My running girl, Haley, just sent me a link to a blog that broke the race down into topographic segments. There is those butterflies again. I spent so much of my training rejoicing the fact that I didn't have to train uphill, that I may have neglected the toll that running downhill can bring. He used the term 'quad-burner'. From mile 17-24. Oh dear.
I guess there is no perfect marathon course. Uphill, downhill, flat-they all have their share of pros and cons. This after I had semi-committed (no pressure) myself to running it in less than 4:20. Cause I really want to beat Oprah's marathon time. Seriously?!?! More butterflies.
If I could just start NOW. My Dad assured me that the starting gun will get rid of these pesky bugs for good. I am just worried what they will be replaced with.
RUN LIKE A GIRL!!!

1 comment:

BrittWilk said...

you're an animal. my hero to be exact. can't wait to hear how it went.