5.18.2009
I did it! I ran! For 4 hours and 24 minutes. Oprah's time was actually 4:29, we made sure of that before we ran. Now that I have done it, I am still in amazement that Oprah could finish in that time. My friend reminded me that it was when she was in her best shape ever. With a personal trainer (or 2), a nutritionist, a chef, a hairstylist and a publicist. Okay, the last two have nothing to do with running, but it sure would make life easier.
I am proud of every runner who shared the road with me. I am grateful for my friends who made it that much easier. Kimmi, Charlie, Amy and Haley. Oh Haley! Who I trained with and was by my side for every minute.
People told me I may cry at the finish. I hugged Haley and did. For about one second, then I saw someone walk by with a Creamie and it was all I could think about. The emotional release did come later as I was laying on my bed in a quiet house. It was a combination of joy for having done it and elation at the thought of not having to live by a training schedule. Run when I want for as long as I want. Right now I don't want to at all. My new mtn bike will be here this week and that is where I want to be.
The training did pay off. Ripp says that is obvious by how good I am feeling so soon after. I love him. For encouraging me during the training, for being there at mile 13, 23 and 26.2, and for bringing me a shake in bed on Saturday night.
I burned A LOT of calories that day. A definite marathon advantage. Rewarding yourself when it is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Allie! CONGRATULATIONS! I am impressed. Enjoy the new Mtn. bike.
You rock, Ali! Way to go!! I am so proud of you. Can I claim you as a relative? ;)
Good job! You are amazing to have that much energy!!!
Post a Comment