Ripp rumbled out of the driveway at 6 am yesterday morning for his 'adventure ride'. A man-weekend of sorts. I felt like paparazzi, with my camera lens peeking through the blinds, trying to get a picture of him on his moto, both all geared up. It didn't work, just got a nice blurry shot of my blind slat. Off for 800 miles of dirt road in three days, with a handful of other dirt-heads. I worry about him a little. Not about his abilities, he is an extremely safe and able rider, but about other people and other elements around him. It makes him soooooo happy though. So I store my worries away and be happy to.
Which leaves my house unusually quiet for a Saturday morning. E just walked out the door for a birthday party. Yes. Walked. By herself. She is picking up a friend down the street and they are getting themselves to the party. It is hard to believe that my firstborn is old enough and able enough to take on some adventures of her own. I told her I was checking on some flowers out front, but I really watched her all the way to the corner. I did ask her when she was about a house away when she got so old. She turned, shrugged and continued on. Oh...okay...
That leaves me and The Pill here all alone. My lastborn has been out of school for a week already. I am enjoying the quiet moments (he has them) alone with him before his sister gets out and brings the life and extreme energy back into our house. He found a purse and has packed it full of his camping supplies. Think heart rate moniter strap and old mp3 player. Must haves on any camping list. He is now building a campfire out of his legos and just finished scribbling his map. I know he is going to ask for a tent any minute. His daily adventures keep me on the go. I never have a problem falling asleep at night. I sometimes wonder if sleeping pills are prescribed more often to those people who don't have children???
Til our next adventure...
Already an update: Will has abandoned fire making and moved onto making a gun. I fear that adventure. But everybody has to eat.
And I strongly dislike (aka HATE) box elder bugs. One is crawling toward my computer as we speak and I am thinking that Ripp's next adventure will be to get rid of those pesky bugs before the overtake our house.
5.30.2009
adventures on a saturday morning
Ripp rumbled out of the driveway at 6 am yesterday morning for his 'adventure ride'. A man-weekend of sorts. I felt like paparazzi, with my camera lens peeking through the blinds, trying to get a picture of him on his moto, both all geared up. It didn't work, just got a nice blurry shot of my blind slat. Off for 800 miles of dirt road in three days, with a handful of other dirt-heads. I worry about him a little. Not about his abilities, he is an extremely safe and able rider, but about other people and other elements around him. It makes him soooooo happy though. So I store my worries away and be happy to.
Which leaves my house unusually quiet for a Saturday morning. E just walked out the door for a birthday party. Yes. Walked. By herself. She is picking up a friend down the street and they are getting themselves to the party. It is hard to believe that my firstborn is old enough and able enough to take on some adventures of her own. I told her I was checking on some flowers out front, but I really watched her all the way to the corner. I did ask her when she was about a house away when she got so old. She turned, shrugged and continued on. Oh...okay...
That leaves me and The Pill here all alone. My lastborn has been out of school for a week already. I am enjoying the quiet moments (he has them) alone with him before his sister gets out and brings the life and extreme energy back into our house. He found a purse and has packed it full of his camping supplies. Think heart rate moniter strap and old mp3 player. Must haves on any camping list. He is now building a campfire out of his legos and just finished scribbling his map. I know he is going to ask for a tent any minute. His daily adventures keep me on the go. I never have a problem falling asleep at night. I sometimes wonder if sleeping pills are prescribed more often to those people who don't have children???
Til our next adventure...
Already an update: Will has abandoned fire making and moved onto making a gun. I fear that adventure. But everybody has to eat.
And I strongly dislike (aka HATE) box elder bugs. One is crawling toward my computer as we speak and I am thinking that Ripp's next adventure will be to get rid of those pesky bugs before the overtake our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hate box elder bugs too!
Post a Comment