9.11.2009
baby steps
One nice thing about having your home on the market is that it stays clean and organized. The possibility of having strangers inspect your home at the drop of a hat motivates you to stay on top of things. No stacks of papers, lingering loads of laundry, or piles of shoes at the doors. And because I am not constantly cleaning or picking up clutter, I have more time to think...and blog.
The Pill finally started preschool this week, too. Less little superhero messes and a break in the constant string of chatter. I can be a tad more productive in a quiet house.
I also have more time to exercise. I just made it home from run. This would make it about the 7th time I have ran since completely a marathon in May. Boy...how fast you lose that fitness. After the marathon, I thought I had come to terms with doing a lot less running. Okay, no running. That I was okay going out to walk the dog, occasionally hitting pilates, and spending way more time in the mountains on my bike. And I am okay with all that, but am admitting that I miss being dedicated to training for a goal. So I am considering a half marathon to get the ball rolling.
This mornings run was baby step number one. I couldn't have been more than 4 miles. It is taking some self-control to not jump in the car to clock it and telling myself that it doesn't matter how far I go, just that I get out. At about the halfway mark, Bon Jovi was shouting in my ear that he'd be there for me, but it was Jewel's sultry voice telling me to have a little faith in her that got me home. As her voice trailed away, just in time for me to turn up the hill to my house (I strongly dislike that hill), I decided to have a little faith in myself.
Turns out the hill wasn't as long or difficult as I remember. Baby step number one, check!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for you!
Post a Comment