We had our first BBQ of the season and it feels like summer could be just around the corner. Friends, lots of them, gathered for an end to the weekend. Or was it a start to the week? Oh well, who cares. Ripp even ran out that morning and bought me the fire pit I have been wanting. But then refused to buy smores fixins'. Sometimes I don't get him. After everyone had been sent on their way and the kids were nestled all snug in their beds, Ripp and I found ourselves back outside warming our toes and staring at the burning embers. What is it about fires that are so hypnotizing? I could have stayed out there for hours, enjoying the 50 degree evening and marveling at how great our life is.

1 comment:
im pretty sure it was all that salmon & carne that was "mesmerizing" not the lure of the fire.....
Post a Comment