5.29.2008

Moving On

Well, after many sleepless nights and lots of extra credit, it is official. Elli has passed kindergarten and is moving on to first grade. Ha, Ha! I was so proud when I received her letter from the Cache County School District and was taken back to my own school days and the end of year excitement. Summer is coming, days at school are filled with movies, field trips and parties, and the big yearbook signing day is near, but what if? I can remember wondering what it would be like to actually not pass a grade and get held back while all your best friends and classmates moved on. Thankfully, that never happened and so far things are looking bright for Elli. I can't believe that I will be sending her to school for a full day next year and am already feeling a little sad that a majority of her day will be spent under someone elses influence. Elli, on the other hand, is just happy to be moving on and moving up!

No comments: