1.11.2010

a thrill

Dear Will,
I am so proud of you. Do I tell you that enough? You know I love you, but do you know I am a proud Mama to a great boy. When I picked you up from preschool today, and your teacher told me that you are one of the most well behaved kids in school and so well mannered (and maybe, just maybe, her favorite. Shh.), I was so happy. Happy that you like school, happy to know that you do listen and learn, and happy to be your Mom.
Because, let's be honest, you test me. Like when you sorta-strangled your cousin Kort (not with intent to kill, but still), or told E's friend you'd punch her if she flushed that box elder bug down the toilet or how you used your sleeve as your tissue box today. Nobody's perfect.
But you are dang close. Thanks for being my little man, I love you so much. And I am thinking maybe The Pill doesn't fit anymore. Maybe it should be The Thrill. Because it is an absolute thrill being your Mama.
Love always,
Mom

1 comment:

Sister Rippstein said...

DANG what a good looking boy!! I wish I could see them again... They're growing up too fast have you told them to stop?? It's good to hear he's doing well in school too - maybe he just saves all the good stuff for home? haha. Keep on truckin!