1.07.2010

blue, blue is the color I see

Blue seems to my color these days. By choice. Not by choice. I love it. I don't love it. Why I love blue: -It is the color of my beautiful, first borns eyes. And my second-born, who is equally as handsome .

-Because somewhere behind the dingy gray inversion, there is a blue sky. -It describes the raspy, sultry, bluesy voice of Ray LaMontagne. My new favorite vocal artist and the only Pandora playlist I care about. It floats through my kitchen all day long. -It is the color of The Pill's favorite adventure shirt. -It is a color I plan to use in my home. On walls not floor. Why I dislike blue: -Because even thought I live underneath a beautiful blue sky, I haven't seen if for days. Cache regularly makes the top 3 with the worst air quality. IN THE COUNTRY! Our beautiful mountains just trap it in. -My new home is covered in it...and not in a good way. For me, at least. Blue carpet, blue door trims and blue crown molding (yes, crown molding) welcomes you in. -It is how I felt when I watched E walk on the bus for the first time on her first day at her new school. I ached for her to walk into the familiar of her old school. She didn't ache, she skipped and waved with a huge smile on her face. Like one of my New Year's resolutions. Balance. Everything in moderation. Blue? This includes you.

1 comment:

Sister Rippstein said...

Well I think blue is a lovely color too - even with the downs. What color blue were you thinking for your home?