7.12.2009

Oh good, it is still here. My blog, that is. But just having one doesn't always translate into blogging. I think that since my life is on autopilot, my blog should be too. Updating itself to 'journal' all the memorable snapshots, snippets and adventures in a cute 'polka-dotted' fashion. When I have, and take the time to think about it, we are once again having a fun summer. Swimming, parks, Bear Lake, friends, food, sunburns, camps, bike rides, fireworks-it is all here. I guess that is the important part. That it is all still here. Not having the time or energy to document all the fun is way better than not having any of the fun at all. So the summer will continue along on autopilot and before we know it, school will be here. I will be so glad. And glad that we had another summer together as a fam...even if it doesn't always show. But I will blog. I feel like I have and will have more that needs to be documented. For me. The Pill and E in their full summer glory, the gorgeous wedding we did yesterday up Millcreek Canyon, the tour of the Northwest and Canada that Ripp and I will take on the seat of his KTM over my birthday, in-laws we hope to have visit, pics I hope to have taken of Ripp and I and more. Much more. Every now and then, I have to remind myself why I have this blog. I have so much good in my life that I don't want to forget. I don't add words to my pictures anywhere but here. I am not a writer and this blog doesn't make a penny. It captures my life and the moments that matter. Lucky me. Oh yeah, on a side note-Ripp told me he wants me to wear my hair more foofy, or was it poofy?!? Does it really matter? Still processing that memory of this summer.

2 comments:

Sister Rippstein said...

Well, if it helps, I LOVE reading your blog. it makes me happy :)

The Hoglund's said...

Ali, I love reading your blog. It's always well written and entertaining! Glad you guys are having a good summer!