7.28.2009

discovered

I have lived in the same area my whole life. I like it here-it is familiar and comfortable. Beautiful would describe the valleys and mountain vistas that I call home. So I love it when I go somewhere new and realize how much of my hood is undiscovered. Two times in the last few weeks this has happened.
Once on a mtn bike ride with Ripp. I have hiked and biked in Logan Canyon since I was a child and have driven through it hundreds of times. But I have never been to this place. After winding my way through the trees, watching a fox shy away through a meadow, climbing (maybe a little hike-a-bike) an intensly steep, dusty road, I come to a summit where I can look in two opposing directions. One way looks to the ski hill that keeps us company all winter long and the other towards the stunning Bear Lake down in the valley below. Bee-yew-tee-full!!! And it is in my backyard.

Anyone who know me knows that gray is my go to color. So the dark gray, pintuck linens set off with pinks was...scrumptious. (The Pill's new word, used to describe his hard-boiled egg last night)

No comments: