9.24.2008

hate

This is one of my least favorite words in the dictionary. I don't even like it when its used it towards broccoli or showers at bedtime, and certainly not toward any other person. I use plenty of other words I shouldn't, but I make a conscious effort to not use this one. I have yet to be 'hated' by either of my kids. I hope the day never comes. hate Pronunciation verb, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun –verb (used with object) 1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry. 2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it. –verb (used without object) 3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility. –noun 4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility. 5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.

1 comment:

UnknownSideEffect said...

I'm with you...such an ugly word, and needless. Thanks for the reminder.