9.08.2008

just what I needed

I have spent a good part of the morning feeling sorry for myself. Sorry that I have had an obnoxious and persistent stomach ache for 10 days, sorry that Will had a death grip around my neck today as he was heading off to preschool (thanks Jo for telling me to just shut the door and walk away), and sorry that I lost it with Elli last night for simply being a stubborn, spunky and distracted 6 year-old. Then, I took a look at my Aunt Heather's blog. My perspective became a little clearer. Her second cousin and his wife(Christian and Stephanie Nielson, people I do not know) were in a private plane crash about 1 month ago and are currently recovering, and will be for months and years to come, in a critical burn unit in AZ. The flight instructor onboard with them has since passed away. Stephanie's sister blogs about it beautifully. http://blog.cjanerun.com/ It was just the perspective that I needed. I am here, with my hubby and kids, and nothing else should matter. Thanks, my thoughts are with these amazingly strong people. Ali

No comments: