11.07.2007

October Reflection


Wow! That pretty much sums up my feelings on October coming to a close and it already being one week into November. With as much as we have going on in November, followed closely by the craziness of December, I am certain that I am going to blink my way into the New Year. But I do need to reflect on October. It felt like both a fun and crazy one. The highlights:
  • Elli deciding she wanted bangs. Actually happened in September, but definitely a highlight. We even still like them.
  • Eating way too many glazed doughnuts and fresh apple cider in too short of a time because I know that the beautiful fall season is always way too short.
  • Pumpkin picking. Mostly involved watching a cat tease a mouse before finally getting bored. I am just grateful it got bored and not hungry.
  • Will learing to ride his bike without training wheels three weeks before his third birthday.
  • Chloey, the dog, tearing her achilles tendon...leading to a full leg cast, a few too many complications, more money that I would have chose to spend on her, and 4 weeks of chaos in the house. It came off today and she is doing great, yeah!
  • Will's 3rd birthday. He actually turned three, even though I tried to convince myself he was only turning two. We had a small celebration which included a corn maze, dinner at his favorite restaurant-Costa Vida, the moto cake he requested, and lots of fun gifts from wonderful friends and fam. Thanks to all of you! (His favorite friend and cousin, Carmen, turned 3 one week later.)
  • Field trip with Elli's adorable kindergarten class to the pumpkin walk, complete with a ride in the yellow bus. Without a camera, ugh!
  • Halloween parties galore. Boo and the Zoo, a fun fall celebration with friends, parties at school and dance, pumpkin carving and of course, Halloween itself.
  • Elli, a witch. Will, a dinosaur. Thanks to my pack-rat Mom, Elli wore the witch dress that I wore when I was about her age. She was perfectly witchy and I just loved the mini-me! Even though we had fears of a costume strike by Will, we actually got it on him, kept it on him and had a great time trick-or-treating.

So, I have high expectations of the next couple months being as eventful and fun as these. Bring it on! We'll see you in the New Year!






No comments: