This book made me (of all people!) want to run. It is about ultra marathons and the people who run them. Reading the book is like gawking at a circus. The descriptions are wild and over-the-top and occasionally unsavory. There are multiple things going on at once: stories about legendary tribes of runners in Mexico, a mystery about a white solitary man who disappeared into the canyons of Mexico, the history of the Leadville 100 and other crazy long races, and some research and evolutionary theory to round it all out. But by the time I was done, I decided to go running in minimal footwear. It was the first two miles of jogging I've ever thoroughly enjoyed.
thanks for the review heather, should i have asked you first?!? maybe...if so, comment and tell me. luvs
1.22.2011
a plagarized book review
i was just over checking in on my aunt heather's blog, i just love her writing and reading about all the wonderful things they do in the land of oz, when i noticed her latest book review was on the book BORN TO RUN. i was given the book for christmas and loved it! i also loved her review of the book.
because i can't just link you over to her blog, she has one of those safe and private blogs, i chose instead to copy it straight over here. so, in my aunt heather's eloquent words:
This book made me (of all people!) want to run. It is about ultra marathons and the people who run them. Reading the book is like gawking at a circus. The descriptions are wild and over-the-top and occasionally unsavory. There are multiple things going on at once: stories about legendary tribes of runners in Mexico, a mystery about a white solitary man who disappeared into the canyons of Mexico, the history of the Leadville 100 and other crazy long races, and some research and evolutionary theory to round it all out. But by the time I was done, I decided to go running in minimal footwear. It was the first two miles of jogging I've ever thoroughly enjoyed.
thanks for the review heather, should i have asked you first?!? maybe...if so, comment and tell me. luvs
This book made me (of all people!) want to run. It is about ultra marathons and the people who run them. Reading the book is like gawking at a circus. The descriptions are wild and over-the-top and occasionally unsavory. There are multiple things going on at once: stories about legendary tribes of runners in Mexico, a mystery about a white solitary man who disappeared into the canyons of Mexico, the history of the Leadville 100 and other crazy long races, and some research and evolutionary theory to round it all out. But by the time I was done, I decided to go running in minimal footwear. It was the first two miles of jogging I've ever thoroughly enjoyed.
thanks for the review heather, should i have asked you first?!? maybe...if so, comment and tell me. luvs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am so flattered! Of course it's ok that you used my words. Thanks for giving me credit. Love you!
oooo, I'll love books like this because the get me to start thinking about running... maybe if I read enough I'll actually start. :)
Post a Comment