8.19.2010

Summer Rain

It is only fitting that after our tumultuous day yesterday, I would wake to the sound of thunder. Hmph...roll over and snooze...honk-shoo. Until I smelled the rain. I grabbed a warm morning beverage and headed out to sit on the porch. And then ran back in to grab a hoodie, because someone out there was thinking of me and knew this was just what I needed.
Then the children slowly rolled out of bed, and for an hour we soaked it all in along with the grass.

Then the summer rain got me to thinking about Summer Rain. Our dear friends, beloved rescued greyhound (because they don't have naughty children that walk on two legs) who is no longer with them. I wondered if they were thinking of Summer Rain as they were listening along to it.

1 comment:

Mindy Blake said...

I love how you grab moments in life and enjoy them!