picture taken from a happier day
Whoa, today was a narrow and bumpy road. I think everyone is suffering from too much togetherness and looking for a change of pace that only school can bring. And quickly.
As I was tucking The Pill into bed, we decided tonight was definitley a night to a)be thankful, b)ask for blessings and c)plead for forgiveness. A prayer, if you will.
The Pill's went like this(for the most part), "please forgive me for everything I did today, I didn't mean to do it all. And please bless my Mommy that she will still love us tomorrow. Amen."
Mine will be roughly the same.
There are those days, where the most comforting part is knowing that you can do it over differently tomorrow. It is a new day. And as mothers, I think one of the most important things we can do is forgive ourselves and move on. Try harder tomorrow.
At least, as of right now, that is my plan. 8.18.2010
picture taken from a happier day
Whoa, today was a narrow and bumpy road. I think everyone is suffering from too much togetherness and looking for a change of pace that only school can bring. And quickly.
As I was tucking The Pill into bed, we decided tonight was definitley a night to a)be thankful, b)ask for blessings and c)plead for forgiveness. A prayer, if you will.
The Pill's went like this(for the most part), "please forgive me for everything I did today, I didn't mean to do it all. And please bless my Mommy that she will still love us tomorrow. Amen."
Mine will be roughly the same.
There are those days, where the most comforting part is knowing that you can do it over differently tomorrow. It is a new day. And as mothers, I think one of the most important things we can do is forgive ourselves and move on. Try harder tomorrow.
At least, as of right now, that is my plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Amen! I don't think there is a harder and more under appreciated job than that of a mother. I'm grateful that women do the majority of the child rearing because I'm sure us men would mess them up. :)
You have an amazing attitude. Next time I feel like I've made a disaster of my children and our day, I'll just give you a hollar for a little pick-me-up!
i love you both for your kind comments. thank-you, it does indeed take a village.
Yes, yes, yes! And prayer helps. Especially ones like these. This was a beautiful post.
Post a Comment