10.28.2009

get me off!!!

I am on an emotional roller-coaster right now...and I can't get off!!! There are plenty of things I could blame this on, including the blanket of snow covering my yard (and I hear more is coming), but I can pretty accurately pinpoint the cause. My home is under contract and will officially be someone else's in 10 days. Yes, the one Ripp and I bought when it was just the two of us. Yes, the one that I am leaving now with two children. It is so weird to imagine looking at them in a different home, with different rooms, and a different feel. I actually wondered to myself today how mean it would be to call it all off. Surely the couple buying our home would understand, and be grateful to take their children to dinner when they drive up from SLC next weekend instead of making them haul overfilled boxes and solid wood furniture. Ripp does remind me that we are doing this for numerous good reasons, I remind myself that change is good, but seeing my kiddos curled up on the chair when it is still dark out, reading about African safaris makes me want to stay put.
And now here I am. Home alone. With my emotional and dramatic thoughts. The Pill wanted to go to the babysitters house for a donut eating contest this afternoon and E is at school. It is quiet. I thought I would eat some lunch, pack some boxes and go for a run. As I was staring at the pile of boxes that is getting bigger in the corner (in my dining room of all places) I notice this heart-felt addition.

She summed it up for all of us with a black sharpie. I told Ripp that I wanted to get all the stuff out so that we could spend our last night in our/their empty house, playing in the rooms and talking about some of the great memories made here. He looked at me like I was crazy. Why? Because for as emotional and dramatic as I can be, he is 10 times worse.

I just figure that as long as I am on this ride, might as well get the full thrill. No regrets.

1 comment:

Judy Rippstein said...

Ali, You make me cry, Love Judy (Mom-in-law)