9.05.2007

School Days!



Suprisingly, Will started one whole week before Elli. At first she was quite annoyed, but enjoyed the couple of days we had to just hang...us girls. Will goes to school twice a week, with the cutest class of nine and what seems to be a great teacher, Mrs. Donalee. He had no hesitations the first day but was left screaming on the sidewalk on day two. Mrs. Donalee took him to pick corn in her garden and that seemed to fix whatever problem he was having. Which was obviously nothing serious, because we have had no drama since. I can not believe that we are fast approaching the big #3 with him, I keep trying to tell myself that he is only turning two and am trying to cherish every little sweet moment I have with him.


I am still in slight disbelief that I actually drop Elli off to kindergarten each day, it just does not quite seem real. I think that it probably because my little girl is such an outgoing, confident and adaptable little thing. It is just another day for her. She had only one brief moment of nervousness walking through the big doors that went away almost immediately when she saw all the excitement inside. She loves her teacher, which she no longer thinks is funny looking, and is enjoying getting to know all her new friends. It seems that all is well.


Oh, the first day was all about the clothes. The bling on her pants, the leopard ballet flats, and the backpack. With all those things so right, what could have possibly gone wrong?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali

Anonymous said...

How funny ... did you like my first comment? I could have sworn every time I try to leave a blog I forget to "sign in" first and it erases my comment by the time I do! Obviously, I'm running far behind the blog bandwagon still - not sure if or when I will ever have time to catch it!

I loved your musings about your darling little family - you are a wonderful Mom Ali.

Love,

Ang