9.10.2007

Logan to Jackson



Why anyone ever signs up and pays money to suffer for over 9-15 hours on a bike is beyond me. That doesn't mean that I don't like to tag along, in the comfort of my car, and cheer on a few of the bird-brains that I know racing. First and foremost...my Dad. We thought he had moved on from this lunacy but he felt the need to make another go of it. So...we sent the kids to stay with friends and looked forward to a nice weekend with peace, quiet and family. He suffered through 130 miles of the 206 mile bike race before his 55 year-old knees told him it was time to stop. We tried not to act too excited when he finally threw in the towel, but looked forward to getting to Jackson Hole a few hours early and with energy to still play. It has been at least 5 years since Jake and I have had the chance to get away with my parents without kids. This is mostly because they are the ones watching our kids when we are gone. We had a blast shopping, eating and visiting with each other without any interruptions or schedules to follow. I am soooo amazed at my Dad's fitness and determination and although he has sworn to never do this race again, I hope that we come up with some other excuses to get away with my Mom and Dad very soon.


No comments: