Aside from the fact that I had strict instructions to stay in bed in the morning (orange-vanilla sticky buns were being prepared), yesterday was just another day of being a grateful mother to two adventurous and sweet children.
One of my most favorite parts of living here in Texas, is having the beach a quick drive from our home. If we wake up, with no plans and lovely weather, we throw the boogie boards in, alongside a lunch, and we are off.
Today, fun memories were made because of the children I get to mother. If not for them, we may not have gone to the beach. Which would not have given us an simple walk down the jetty, where we may not have spotted a hammerhead stuck in the granite. Just a baby, the poor thing had gotten itself wedged and stayed until being spotted by us. If not for my children, it would never have been paraded up and down the beach for people to ooh and ahh over. If not for my children, I wouldn't have been privy to watching them become rockstars because of the two foot hammerhead in their hands. It was awesome.
We made it home, where I cooked dinner for my starving children and snuggled with them through the season finale of Survivor. Yay Cochran!!!
I love that it was just another day. But even more, I love that because it was Mother's Day, I took a little extra time appreciated the greatness of it all.




1 comment:
cute post. your kids are lucky to have a great mama.
and lucky to have found a baby hammerhead. so cool!! my kids would have loved it!
Post a Comment