11.12.2012

finally...can we move on now?
























a couple weeks ago, the pill turned yet another year older.  some last minute begging/pleading/bargaining/bribing for him to actually stay where he is at, or at least start counting backwards, turned out to be a giant waste of my time.  to add insult to my injury, while cuddling in bed that morning, he gave a little jerk and proudly proclaimed that he actually just felt himself get bigger.  this is also evidenced by the fact that his halloween costume seemed about two inches shorter than when we purchased it. birthdays, growth spurts and flooded halloween costumes are vivid reminders that the pill is pulling further away from one and e is creeping closer and closer to 18.  where is the time going?  and to prolong the pain, grandma deb announced that his birthday wasn't going to end until she came to visit.  great.

so we started the celebrating looking like this:


 






and finished like this:


warning: if you come to visit we will take you to rudy's where ripp will try to keep his eyes open in a picture.  and look creepy in the process.

grandma, we love you and are so glad you made the trip.  until christmas, the ripp's.

2 comments:

HW said...

Hooray! What a fun celebration. I think that longhorn is seriously the coolest thing I have ever seen done with cardboard. And I'm completely jealous of Grandma D. getting to go to Rudy's.

We will be in Logan Christmas evening and stay for a couple of days. I hope our times there overlap a little!

HW said...

And one other thing. I am sending out birth announcement/Christmas cards and I'm pretty sure I don't have any of your current contact info. I'm not really even sure on email, which is why I'm commenting on your blog. My email is still hfwimmer@gmail.com. Please let me know!